There is no predicting when you or someone else may lock your keys in your car. This can be a frightening situation for many, and we want you to know that there are a few things you can do to try to get back into your car safely.
- Sometimes having your own back can mean thinking ahead, make a spare key and keep it somewhere safe or handy outside of the car when traveling.
- Make sure you are safe where you are located. If you feel like you are not secure, call 911 and get help on the way quickly. There are times that the police can unlock your car, but they should not be relied on as a resource to get inside and it is likely they may call their own towing company on your dime!
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE LOCKED OUT! Walk around the car and check all doors to make sure you are actually locked out. This can seem secondary when in the moment of panic but there is always a chance there may be an unlocked door that you missed.
- Call a locksmith/towing company. This is going to be your safest and most logical option. These are services meant to help people that are locked out and they may have the best tools to get back in.
- Don’t panic! Thousands of people lock themselves out of the car every day. The best thing you can do is remain calm to make the most rational decisions.
Remember, whether you lock yourself out of the car, run out of gas or have a flat tire, Speedy G Towing is here to get you where you need to be. We are the most highly recommended towing company in the Chicagoland area! Check out our coverage area to make sure you are within our range and do not hesitate to give us a call!