If you live in Illinois, the first thing that you already know is how dangerous driving on the highway can be. I-90 is one of the most highly used interstates in the State of Illinois. With that being said, there are a few things we recommend about what you may want to do when your vehicle breaks down on the I-90 or any highway you may travel on. Speedy G Towing is one of the most widely dispatched towing services from the Schaumburg to Elgin area along I-90.
- Safety First- CALL 911. Make sure, if possible, that your vehicle is as far off to the shoulder as it can possibly be. In a situation where it breaks down and you are in the middle of the road, stay in your vehicle and make sure that there is no other traffic before exiting. If you feel comfortable, you can call the non emergency line to let them know you broke down and you’re working to get the situation handled.
- Note your vehicle’s location. Look for mile markers or exit signs. Note landmarks such as service stations, restaurants and gas stations. This will ALL be useful to know when calling for assistance.
- KNOW YOUR OPTIONS! If you CHOOSE TO EXIT your vehicle:
When exiting the vehicle, stay away from oncoming traffic and exit through the other side of the vehicle facing away from traffic.
Be aware of your surroundings. Carry a flashlight or a flare with you if possible, especially in nighttime situations.
If relying on the help of a friendly driver, ask for ID before accepting assistance. Write this information down and leave it with another person or in the vehicle explaining where you are going and when you expect to return.
- IF YOU CHOOSE TO STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE: turn the engine off. It is a dangerous risk of carbon monoxide poisoning to leave the vehicle running.
- CALL SPEEDY G TOWING! We are one of the most highly used towing companies along I-90 and have many dispatchers awaiting your call to send one of our highly trained towing specialists to assist you in a timely manner.
You can never predict when you are going to have trouble with your vehicle, make sure you know what to do and always know you can rely on Speedy G Towing to get you where you need to be.