October 20, 2022
Of course calling us at 847-844-1400 wasn’t on your agenda today, but your vehicle or rig had other plans they didn’t alert you of. We understand you are in a frustrating situation that nobody wants to be in. Here’s how to help us from the other end of the phone line.
- Remain Calm – if you have been in an accident or if your car has veered off the road because of icy conditions, it’s important to take a deep breath and remain calm. Freaking out will not do you any good and it will probably stress you out even more.
- We may ask you some questions, please answer them as best as you are able to:
Once we have the necessary information we may ask you to hold for a moment while we contact a driver to come assist you. This is where we give one of our drivers all of the necessary information they need and we will try to find out from the driver an approximate time frame of when they would be able to reach your location.
We may come back on the line or return your phone call to let you know the approximate wait time you should expect. In winter months and bad weather you may have longer wait times. We may also give you any other information the truck driver wants to pass on to you.
Be prepared to pay, if you don’t already have roadside assistance company, you will likely be expected to pay for your services at the time rendered either on the phone via credit card or when you reach the location where your vehicle is being towed.
Find a Ride, we may or may not be able to give you a ride to your cars destination, depending on number passengers and liability reasons on our end. You may want to call someone to come pick you up and bring you home or to where your vehicle is being towed. Good friends and family are helpful in times of an emergency, we find and they are usually cheaper than ride share apps that are also available.
- Where are you?
- What type of vehicle are you driving?
- Can a tow truck easily access the vehicle?
- Has it been involved in an accident?
- How many people are in the vehicle?
- Do you know what’s wrong with the vehicle?
If you need assistance, you can fill out the contact form on our website or call us if you need immediate assistance.