Should you come back for your vehicle later?
Well, not unless you want a potential major headache of getting your vehicle out of an impound lot and dealing with the local police. The name Speedy G is fitting because of their ability to deliver your vehicle promptly to the repair shop of your choosing. Because what you don’t want to happen takes place far more often than you think. We receive or another tow company receives a call from local law enforcement to tow an unattended vehicle on the tollway.
Can They Tow My Vehicle?
They can, and they probably will. According to Illinois law: (625 ILCS 5/) Illinois Vehicle Code. Police can tow your vehicle if and when it:
- Abandoned or left unattended on a toll highway, interstate highway, or expressway for 2 hours or more
- Abandoned on a highway in an urban district for 10 hours or more
- Abandoned or left unattended on a highway other than a toll highway, interstate highway, or expressway, outside of an urban district for 24 hours or more
- An abandoned, unattended, wrecked, burned, or partially dismantled vehicle causes a traffic hazard due to its location or physical condition
Where Did My Vehicle Go?
For a prompt response, contact Speedy G Towing at 847-844-1400 if you desire information about the whereabouts of your towed vehicle, including the precise location it was taken to. Just a reminder, to retrieve a vehicle from impoundment, you must first pay several fines:
- Bond/impound fee
- Towing fee
- Storage fee (usually per day)
- Any fees associated with unpaid tickets
Most people don’t abandon their vehicles, but we’ve all seen those cars on the side of the highway and wondered what happened. Where did the driver go? Why haven’t they come retrieved their vehicle yet? Don’t they need it to get around?
If you find yourself stranded on an interstate such as I-90 and need to abandon your vehicle, make sure to contact us prior to the expiration of the two-hour limit. We are on call 24/7. 847-844-1400 is the only number you need to have on your phone for cases like this.